GS1 US Retail Grocery Initiative
Partnering with industry to identify market challenges and foster collaborative solutions using GS1 Standards
Retail grocery organizations today are expected to deliver rich product information to consumers and customers, streamline business processes across the supply chain, and improve traceability in support of food safety. Working collaboratively as members of the GS1 US Retail Grocery Initiative, they are driving the use of open, global standards to improve the accuracy, speed, and efficiency of the grocery supply chain.
The GS1 US Retail Grocery Initiative represents a broad cross section of industry. Today, more than 70 suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers, retailers, academic institutions, regulatory agencies, and trade associations are working together to help address challenges where GS1 Standards can have a positive impact:
- Enhancing data quality
- Enabling end-to-end supply chain visibility
- Improving operational efficiencies
Benefits of membership
By joining the Initiative, your organization will take a leading role in helping shape the future of the retail industry and its value chain. Benefits of membership include:
- Opportunities to learn first-hand how GS1 Standards are implemented for business improvements by receiving GS1 US-provided expertise, education, and support services
- A collaborative working environment with peers and trading partners for sharing and learning best practices for operational improvements
- Opportunities to advance the industry by providing leadership in defining recommended solutions for critical business needs
- Access to member-only initiative news, resources, and information
Get involved. Join our Initiative. Participate in one or more of our workgroups. Learn more about our workgroups or apply below to join the Initiative.
Sign up for GS1 US industry updates
Get industry information and resources delivered directly to your email inbox. Sign up to receive white papers, standards updates, guidelines, case studies, and more. >